Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo
5 Star Luxury Glamorous Retreat
Via Teatro Greco, 59 98039 Taormina, Messina
Overview & highlights
Set high in the rocky hills on the east coast of the island, with Mount Etna as a dramatic backdrop, Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo has long been the destination of choice for glamorous European and Hollywood stars— Sophia Loren, Audrey Hepburn, Marcello Mastroianni and Elizabeth Taylor have all been guests.
Built in 1873 in a stunning location adjacent to the Greek Theatre, the hotel is surrounded by a six-acre park, with magnificent gardens encircling a panoramic pool. It is famed for its Literary Terrace, a favourite meeting point of distinguished guests through the decades.
Set in the heart of Taormina serves up views that have enchanted for more than a century.
Distances from the hotel Sea 4km/2,5 miles • Castelmola 5km/3 miles • Mount Etna 65km/40 miles
• Catania 70km/43 miles • Messina 52km/32 miles • Palermo 260km/160 miles • Siracusa 119km/74 miles • Reggio Calabria 67km/41 miles • Naples 541km/336 miles • Rome 750km/466 miles • Florence 994km/617 miles • Milan 1,295km/804 miles
How to arrive
- By Air Catania Interna onal Airport Fontanarossa (CTA), 60km/37 miles, approx 50 minutes’ drive to the hotel. Palermo Interna onal Airport Falcone-Borsellino (PMO), 260km/160 miles, 2 hours 50 minutes’ drive to the hotel.
- By Train Taormina-Giardini Naxos Railway Sta on, 5km/3 miles, 5 minutes’ drive to the hotel. Trains from Palermo, Catania, Reggio Calabria, Naples, Rome.
- By Car A18 motorway Messina-Catania, exit “Taormina”.
Our concierge will arrange your Private Car Transfers directly to and from the hotel.
Rooms & Suites
Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo features 45 rooms and 26 suites, most with terraces or balconies affording spellbinding views over the bay. Each room’s décor evokes traditional Sicilian style with a blissful blend of beauty and comfort. Guests can choose between the main Timeo building or Villa Flora, a delightful annexe just 50 metres (164 feet) away, which is set in a charming country house.
Italian Allure Travel’s favourite Suites
Suite Exclusive (1) Size 90m2. This one-bedroom suite is located on the top foor of the Timeo building, boasting magnificent views of the sea and the Greek Theatre from its terrace. The suite features a living area and a spacious marble bathroom with separate walk-in shower cubicle and bathtub. The bedroom can be fitted with either a king-size or twin beds. This suite can be connected to a Double Deluxe and to a Junior Suite Deluxe. Maximum occupancy: 3 people (one extra bed can be added).
Presidential Suite (1) Size 98m2. From its spectacular 300m2 terrace overlooking the Bay of Taormina guests can savour a 180-degree panorama, stretching from the medieval village of Castelmola to Mount Etna and all the way down to the Bay of Naxos and the Greek Theatre. The terrace is the perfect setting for elegant private parties and also boasts a Jacuzzi overlooking the sea below. This sophisticated suite, decorated in Sicilian baroque style, is located in the Timeo building and features two bedrooms, each with either a king-size or twin beds. The marble bathroom offers a bathtub and separate walk-in shower. No connecting rooms. Maximum occupancy: 4 people (no extra bed can be added).
All accommodation on includes
- Air conditioning
- 24-hour room service
- Complimentary wireless/wired internet
- Twice-daily housekeeping service
- Satellite TV
- DVD player upon request
- Courtesy lines by Bvlgari
- Molton Brown
Dine & Drink
- Location: on the entrance level, boasting a spectacular terrace with views of Mount Etna and the sea.
- Menu: Sicilian and Mediterranean specialties
- In the terraced gardens next to the swimming pool (open-air)
- Menu: buffet-style appetisers, brick-oven pizza, pasta and salad bar
Literary Terrace and Bar
- Location: intimate indoor bar on the entrance level, outside the renowned Literary Terrace with spectacular views of Mount Etna and the sea.
- Entertainment: Piano music from 7pm till late in the lounge area
- Use of the heated, outdoor swimming pool (equipped with sunbeds, sunshades, towels)
- Use of the private beach at Belmond Villa Sant’Andrea
- Boat cruises along the coast during the summer (to be booked with the Concierge during your stay)
- Use of the gym/fitness facilities
- Shuttle service to the beach
- Internet connec on and WiFi
At a supplement
- Spa and beauty treatments at the Wellness Centre
- Diving centre on the private beach at Belmond Villa Sant’Andrea
- Golf (Picciolo Golf Club, 18 holes, 30 minutes by car)
In room on arrival
- A small surprise for the little ones
- Children’s bathrobes and slippers, bottle warmers
- Extra bed and baby cots in Junior Suites and Suites
Available at the concierge desk
- PlayStation, DVDs, toys for young guests
- Exclusive activities for children (with supplement)
In the restaurant
- Children’s menus, highchairs
Dedicated Kids’ Club from May to September with qualified supervisor for children aged 4 to 12, offering many fun activities
Babysitting service available on request
Dedicated spa treatments for children in the Wellness Centre (with supplement)
PRIVATE CABANAS ON THE HOTEL’S PRIVATE BEACH
Guests can hire a private beach cabana and retreat to a personal sanctuary beside the azure sea. Perfect for up to four people, each is equipped with a comfortable sofa, table, mini-bar, tented veranda and two sun loungers, with access to soft drinks from the mini-bar, fresh fruit, Evian water spray and dedicated waiter service.
Ask about costs at the time of your enquiry with Italian Allure Travel concierge – firstname.lastname@example.org
Rates & Policies
Rates and policies will be provided at the time of your enquiry, please ask us about room and suite upgrades and special requests, email us at email@example.com