Belmond Hotel Splendido
5 Star Luxury – Portofino
Belmond Splendido Mare Via Roma, 2 16034 Portofino GE Italy
Overview & highlights
Belmond Hotel Splendido & Splendido Mare – 5 Star Luxury in Portofino
The view from Hotel Splendido is breathtaking: surrounded by stunning gardens the hotel looks down upon the charming harbour. Hotel Splendido has just the right blend of beauty, style, comfort and luxury service. Swim and sunbathe by the beautiful pool, pamper yourself at the Spa, enjoy a cocktail at the bar or on your own private terrace and treat yourself to gourmet meals at La Terrazza Restaurant.
In the village, on the celebrated little Piazzetta, you’ll find the intimate Splendido Mare with just 16 rooms and suites. The Chuflay Restaurant is the perfect spot for people watching and to experience Ligurian cuisine at its best. Both hotel locations share all luxury amenities and a frequent shuttle bus takes you between the two.
This prestigious hotel has played host to the ‘who’s who’ of international celebrities and noble families over the years. From Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall in 1954, Elizabeth Taylor & Richard Burton in 1967 to more recent times hosting Nancy Reagan, Steven Spielberg, Michael J. Fox, Steve Martin, Tom Hanks, Hilary Swank, Madonna, Calvin Klein, Oprah Winfrey and George Clooney just to name a few. Hotel Splendido and Splendido Mare offer the ultimate luxury stay in Portofino.
Hotel Splendido is located amid verdant woodlands overlooking the Mediterranean Sea and the bay of Portofino. It is possible to walk into town or to take the hotel’s free shuttle bus that departs every 20 minutes.
Splendido Mare is located right on the renowned square by the sea, in the vibrant heart of Portofino.
How to arrive
By Air: Genoa International Airport ‘GOA’ (37 km/23 miles), 45 minutes drive to the Hotel.
By Train: Rapallo (8 km) or Santa Margherita (5 km) railway stations Trains from Milan, Florence, Rome, then by taxi to the Hotel
By Car: Motorway A12 – Exit: Rapallo Direction Santa Margherita and Portofino (20 min. drive)
By Helicopter: Helicopter transfer from/to Rapallo and private car transfer to the hotel which taxes approximately 15 minutes.
Rooms & Suites
Hotel Splendido boasts 69 Rooms and Suites
Splendido Mare boasts 16 Rooms and Suites.
Single Rooms – Hotel Splendido (4)
Light Mediterranean colours, these rooms are bright and airy. Most with views facing the sea and harbour from their balconies.
Double Rooms – Hotel Splendido
All feature king-size or twin beds, marble bathroom, air-conditioning.
Size: from 20 m2 / 215 ft2
- Double Garden View: Tastefully designed rooms overlooking the gardens.
- Double Sea View: Rooms are bright and airy with sea views from their windows, balconies or terraces.
- Double Sea View & Balcony: Spacious with breathtaking views of the bay of Portofino from the balcony or your Sea View Room.
Double Rooms – Splendido Mare
- Double Village View: Rooms are spacious and airy and enjoy a village view from their windows, balconies or terraces.
- Double Sea View: Rooms are spacious and airy with views facing the sea and harbour from their windows, balconies or terraces.
Junior Suites – Hotel Splendido
All feature king-size or twin beds, marble bathroom, air-conditioning.
Size: from 35 m2 / 376 ft2
- Junior Suite Superior: Charmingly furnished with polished wooden floors and plush furniture, each Superior Junior Suite has beautiful sea views.
- Junior Suite Deluxe: Breathtaking views with balconies and terraces, all are elegantly furnished with large bathrooms.
- Junior Suite Executive: Polished-wood floors and luxurious fabrics set an elegant tone. Each Suite has a terrace or balcony and a large bathroom.
Junior Suites – Splendido Mare:
Decorated in sunny hues, each Junior Suite at Splendido Mare has a terrace or balcony overlooking the Piazzetta and harbour.
Suites – Hotel Splendido
King-size or twin beds, marble bathroom, separate living area, terrace or balcony. Size: from 50 m2 / 538 ft2
- Suite Deluxe: Large bedrooms, some with walk-in dressing rooms. Some suites have two terraces with breathtaking sea views, others have balconies or terraces.
- Suite Executive: Recently restructured and refurbished, the largest and most dramatically situated suites with astonishing views and magnificent terraces. Large bathrooms with separate shower cubicles, bath-tub, and beautifully furnished double vanity basins and armoires.
- Suite Presidential: 1 only. Unique – One Bedroom Suite with four terraces overlooking Portofino Harbour. Very large bathroom with marble flooring, round bath-tub, separate shower cubicle, double vanities and armoires. Bulgari and Penhaligons amenities. Possible for a two Bedroom Presidential Suite (on request). Executive Junior suite connects to the Master unit.
- Ava Gardner Suite – Splendido Mare: Stretching across the entire top floor of Splendido Mare, enjoy incomparable views of the Portofino harbour and Castello Brown from the 56 square metre (603 square feet) terrace. The door in the expansive bedroom leads to a large sitting room. Glass doors open to merge the expansive living room and terrace areas.
- One extra bed can be placed in Junior Suites and Suites only, for a maximum allowed occupancy of 3 persons.
- Connecting rooms and wheelchair access rooms available on request.
Dine & Drink
Restaurants & Bars at Hotel Splendido
La Terrazza Restaurant
An open-air terrace with breathtaking views over Portofino bay, there is an indoor area with a more formal atmosphere. Authentic Italian restaurant with seafood, pasta and regional specialties cooked to perfection by Chef Corrado Corti and his team. Dress code: Smart Casual
Lunch: 1:00 – 2:30pm ; Dinner: 7:30 – 10:30pm
By the swimming pool with views over Portofino bay. Alfresco, buffet-style appetizers, brick oven pizza, pasta and salad bar. Lunch from 1pm to 4pm
Cocktails and a wide selection of beverages on the patio or by the pool. Open 10am to 7pm.
Cocktail & Piano Bar
The hand-painted walls in cool water colours and black and white marble floors. Enjoy an after-dinner drink serenaded by rich piano music.
Open 10am – 1am
Restaurants & Bars at Splendido Mare
Dine inside or on the terrace bordering the famous bustling Piazzetta on the waters edge. Open 7am – midnight
Perfect for an aperitif and appetizing snacks. Gentle piano music fills the air each evening from 8pm until midnight. Open 10am – 1am
Complimentary shuttle service from Hotel Splendido & Splendido Mare (3 minutes), internet point, daily international newspapers, exchange service, fitness centre, pool facilities.
Kids Club available for children aged 4 to 12. Babysitting service available on request. Dedicated Spa Treatments for children in the Splendido Wellness Centre (payable).
Leisure Facilities with a supplement:
- Spa & beauty treatments at the Splendido Wellness Centre including Yoga and Pilates courses
- “Splendido Collection” signature boutique
- Tennis Court (lessons available)
- Hotel motor boat “Chris-Craft Corsair 36”
- Golf (Golf Club Rapallo, 18 holes, about 15 min. drive from the hotel)
- Check-in time: From 2 pm
- Check-out time: Until 12 noon
- Concierge service : Available 24 hours a day
- Credit cards : All major credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners
- Exchange of foreign currency : Available at reception desk
- Hairdresser: Available upon reservation
- Laundry service and dry cleaning: Available 6 days a week
- Valet service: Available
- Parking: Valet parking and garage available (with supplement)
- Chauffeur service: Bookable through concierge
- Security service: Available 24 hours a day
- Excursions / rental car: Bookable through the concierge
- Personal shopper: Available on request
- Wheelchair access: On request
- Private Dining Facilities: Two private dining and meeting rooms available
Rates & Policies
Rooms are made by request only, for special accommodation benefits including upgrades, early check-in or late check-out plus special rates, amenities and services please complete the enquiry form so that we can best serve you or email us at email@example.com