Villa L’Oleandro – Capri
Historic Charming Villa known as the “Rooftop in Capri”
Capri, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
Overview & highlights
Luxury Private Villa L’Oleandro is located a few steps away form the famous piazzetta on the island of Capri. A four storey private villa located on one of the most charming alleyways of the island.
Sleeps 6 | Bedrooms 3 | Bathrooms 3
The villa is available on request only for weekly rental from May to October (August minimum 2 week rental)
Originally with only two floors, it was built in the XIX century for the American painter Charles Caryl Coleman who used the villa to entertain his many famous guests such as D.H Lawrence. Coleman liked his villa so much that he painted it with its numerous staircases and terraces and it was the setting for a sensuous portrait of a dark-haired woman dressed in pink chiffon in his “Rooftop in Capri”.
In 1940 the last two floors were added. Today the villa is divided into two apartments belonging to the same family. And has a private elevator. The rental flat is located on the second, third and fourth floor and from every window offers a breathtaking view over the gulf of Naples and the entire island of Capri.
The apartment has been charmingly restored only a couple of years ago by the present owner, the Princess Fabrizia Borghese, who decorated it with a selection of antique furniture and glass chandeliers that have belonged to her family for generations.
Every room has a private terrace and on the top floor there is a very large terrace partially shaded by a pergola, ideal for dinner parties, sunbathing or to simply relax at sunset. The top terrace offers a 360 degree panoramic view of the island including the Faraglioni islands.
Located in a quiet pretty alleyways only moments away from the famous piazzetta in the centre of Capri island.
How to arrive
Airport: Capodichino (081/789-6111) in Naples is the nearest airport. Buses and taxis are available on site or private transfers can be arranged on request to transport guests to ferry docks or to private boats for transfers to Capri.
Boat: Private transfers can be arranged on request, please ask us at the time of your enquiry about the villa rental.
Ferries and hydrofoils depart from Naples and Sorrento. Hydrofoils are faster, more frequent, and more than twice the price. In summer, book Sunday departures to the mainland well in advance.
From Naples, Molo Beverello or Meregellina dock offers the most frequent crossings. Hydrofoil takes 45 minutes.
From Sorrento, the trip is shorter. Hydrofoils depart hourly from Marina Piccola and take approximately 20 minutes. LMV and Caremar ferries leave from the dock near Piazza Tasso.
Helicopter: High rollers with no time to spare can take a chopper from Naples-Capodichino International Airport. Private transfers can be arranged, please enquire.
Rooms & Suites
- Large living with fireplace and terrace (through which you can go to the upper terrace)
- Smaller dining room connected to the living room
- One bedroom (with twin beds) with bathroom (shower)
- Large bedroom with king size bed and bathroom overlooking an ample terrace.
- Large bedroom with king size bed and marble bathroom. This room leads to a smaller terrace.
- A very large terrace (90 sq) with incredible views of the gulf of Naples and the entire island with a beautiful pergola: Ideal for romantic dinners or cocktails at sunset.
- TV and DVD player in the living room (only)
- All bedrooms have air conditioning
- On request we can discuss a possible full time maid (the apartment has a staff bed room on the ground floor).
- One part time maid (4 hours in the mornings) on demand only, not included in the price and subject to request – please enquire
- Food, beverages, telephone, laundry and a wage for the extra maid.
Luxury concierge services on request:
- Private boat charters circumnavigating the island and visiting the Amalfi Coast and Cilento Coasts
- Private guided tours on the island
- Private excursions and guided tours to Pompeii and famous Neapolitan museums/galleries
- Exclusive transfers by boat or helicopter
- Advanced restaurant reservations
- Beach club reservations
- Private beauty treatments
Rates & Policies
Rates and policies will be provided at the time of each individual enquiry. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org