Belmond Villa Sant’Andrea – Taormina
5 Star Luxury Exclusive Waterfront Retreat
Belmond Villa Sant'Andrea, Via Nazionale, Taormina, Province of Messina, Italy
Overview & highlights
Located on one of Italy’s most beautiful private beaches, on Sicily’s Bay of Mazzarò, Belmond Villa Sant’Andrea is a former villa, built by an aristocratic family in 1830. Surrounded by subtropical gardens, this secluded retreat retains all the charm of a private residence.
Guests can relax in exclusive cabanas on the sand and swim in the crystal-clear waters or the heated infinity pool overlooking the bay. An exclusive shuttle to the sister hotel, Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo is available.
Distances from the hotel
Taormina centre 4km/2,5 miles • Castelmola 5km/3 miles • Mount Etna 65km/40 miles • Catania 70km/43 miles • Messina 52km/32 miles • Palermo 260km/160 miles • Siracusa 119km/74 miles • Reggio Calabria 67km/41 miles • Naples 541km/336 miles • Rome 750km/466 miles • Florence 994km/617 miles • Milan 1,295km/804 miles
How to arrive
By Air: Catania International Airport Fontanarossa (CTA), 60km/37 miles, approx 50 minutes’ drive to the hotel. Palermo International Airport Falcone-Borsellino (PMO), 260km/160 miles, 2 hours 50 minutes’ drive to the hotel.
By Train: Taormina-Giardini Naxos Railway Station, 5km/3 miles, 5 minutes’ drive to the hotel. Trains from Palermo, Catania, Reggio Calabria, Naples, Rome.
By Car: A18 motorway Messina-Catania, exit “Taormina”.
Private Car Transfers can be arranged through Italian Allure Travel from anywhere on the island email.
Rooms & Suites
Belmond Villa Sant’Andrea offers 68 elegant rooms and suites. Most of the rooms have balconies or spacious terraces and face the hotel’s private beach and the aquamarine waters of the Bay of Mazzarò. Connecting rooms are available on request.
Italian Allure Travel’s favourite Suites
Garden Suite (1) Size: 40m2. A lovely view of the lush subtropical gardens can be enjoyed from the balcony of this suite in the main building. It offers a king-size or twin beds, a living area and a bathroom featuring a walk-in shower and separate bathtub. The suite can be connected with a Double Classic. Max occupancy: 3 (one extra bed can be added).
Suite Exclusive (2) Size: 60-70m2. These spacious suites in the main building boast amazing sea views from their expansive terraces, one of which features a gazebo. The stylish living area is the perfect place to relax and the generous bathroom features a separate shower, bathtub and luxurious double basin. One suite can be connecting with a Double Classic. Max occupancy: 4 (two rollaway beds can be added in the living area).
All accommodation includes
- Air conditioning
- 24-hour room service
- Complimentary wireless/wired internet
- Twice-daily housekeeping service
- Satellite TV
- DVD player upon request
- Courtesy lines by Bvlgari, Penhaligon’s, Molton Brown
- Nespresso machines and Bose SoundLink speakers in all Junior Suites and Suites.
Dine & Drink
- Location: on the terrace by the beach,
with adjacent indoor dining room.
- Menu: Mediterranean and Sicilian specialities (vegetarian dishes available).
- Capacity: 100 people.
- Dress code: casual by day, refined resort chic by night.
- Service hours: breakfast 7.30am-10.30am; lunch 1pm-2.30pm and 1pm-4pm during summer months; dinner 7.30pm-10.30pm and 8pm-11pm during summer months
- Location: on the beach
- Menu: drinks, cocktails, coffee, ice cream, fruit
- Service: 10am-6pm
- Location: on the terrace by the beach with an indoor space
- Menu: pizza, snacks and light cuisine
- Entertainment: piano music from 7pm
- Dress code: casual
- Service hours: 10am-1am
- Menu: drinks, cocktails, coffee, ice cream, fruit
- Service hours: 10am-7pm
- Use of the private beach
- Use of our panoramic, heated, outdoor swimming pool (equipped with sunbeds, sunshades, towels)
- Use of the gym/fitness facilities/steam bath
- Shuttle service to Taormina centre and the hotel’s sister property, Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo
- Internet connection and WiFi
At a supplement
- Spa and beauty treatments at the Wellness Centre
- Signature Boutique
- Golf (Picciolo Golf Club, 18 holes, about 30 minutes by car)
- The Concierge will be happy to recommend and book a variety of water activities
- Cabanas on the private beach
In room on arrival
- A small surprise for the little ones
- Children’s bathrobes and slippers, bottle warmers
- Extra bed and baby cots in Junior Suites and Suites
In the restaurant
- Children’s menus, highchairs
- Dedicated area in the restaurant for children under the age of 4 (book in advance, preferably for between 7.30pm and 8.30pm)
On the beach
- Snorkelling equipment
Available at the Concierge desk
- PlayStations, iPads, DVDs, toys for smaller guests
- Exclusive activities for children (for an additional cost)
Dedicated Kids’ Club from May to September with qualified supervisor for children aged 4 to 12, offering many fun activities
Babysitting service available on request
Dedicated spa treatments for children in the Wellness Centre (with supplement)
PRIVATE CABANAS ON THE HOTEL’S PRIVATE BEACH
Guests can hire a private beach cabana and retreat to a personal sanctuary beside the azure sea. Perfect for up to four people, each is equipped with a comfortable sofa, table, mini-bar, tented veranda and two sun loungers, with access to soft drinks from the mini-bar, fresh fruit, Evian water spray and dedicated waiter service.
Ask about costs at the time of your enquiry with Italian Allure Travel concierge – firstname.lastname@example.org
Rates & Policies
Rates and policies will be provided at the time of your enquiry, email email@example.com