We explore 12 of the Finest Luxury Hotels in Tuscany!
There are not many destinations that rival Tuscany, best known for its rolling hills lined with cypress trees, historical villages, great wine, fine cuisine, and beautiful landscapes. I have a love for finding the finest luxury hotels in Italy. Following is a guide to 12 of the Finest Luxury Hotels in Tuscany. Dotted throughout the region all are ideal for exploring Florence, Pisa, Lucca, Siena, San Gimignano, the Chianti wine region, Volterra, many other surrounding medieval villages and the entire Tuscan coastline.
1. Borgo Santo Pietro is the ultimate sophistication, located in the heart of Tuscany close to Siena, this 5-star luxury boutique hotel has a holistic approach. The 200-acre organically cultivated estate has a ‘farm to plate’ philosophy producing biodynamic produce to nourish your mind, body and soul.
Every suite at Borgo Santo Pietro offers a signature luxury experience of charming interiors, chandeliers, antique artworks and a closeness with nature. Guests have the opportunity to choose between the classic suites in the main 12th century villa, a more exclusive suite with a garden, or for absolute privacy a secluded villa with a private swimming pool.
Dining experiences are aplenty with an eye for detail at Meo Modo restaurant using the freshest ingredients direct from the property. There is a tranquil Spa providing tailor-made treatments among the relaxing gardens. The ethereal experience at Borgo Santo Pietro is designed for 5 star luxury enjoyment with attention to detail and great service. Contact Form
2. L’Andana Hotel is located in Castiglione della Pescaia, 20 km from Grosseto and only 7 km from Castiglione della Pescaia and the Tyrrhenian Coast. One of the best luxury resorts in Tuscany, this enchanting hotel of unmistakeable elegance and style is set among a natural setting, ideal for those who love to combine sport and nature. Surrounded by the evocative beauty of the Natural Part of Maremma in Tuscany which is a timeless region with ancient roots. The property is part of the Leading Hotels of the World, one of the most important collections of luxury hotels.
For the ultimate in relaxation visit ESPA SPA, dedicated to making sure you relax with a list of unforgettable treatment experiences. A great balance of dining options providing authentic traditional Tuscan cuisine. The Kid’s Club is dedicated to younger guests, providing special activities that will treat your children to some fun activities and allow you to have a little time all to yourself, in complete peace and quite. With an abundance of activities and the beaches close by, this is a great option for families. Contact Form
3. Il Borro is certainly a place like no other in Tuscany, a 700 hectare estate in the heart of Tuscany. Surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and cypress trees, this is an area rich in art and culture between three main cities: Florence, Arezzo and Siena. The Medici dynasty, the Savoia and now the Ferragamo family have safeguarded and preserved this precious oasis, suspended between past and present, a sanctuary dedicated to wellbeing and the art of hospitality.
Accommodation in the estate consists of two options..
- one for whom wishes to be pampered – “Il Borro Relais & Chateaux” is your luxury medieval solution
- and the other option for those who wish to be independent – “I Borrigiani” your country farm stay
Moving around the village is as simple as walking in a small town. It is possible to find artisans working with antique techniques on jewellery, shoes, textiles and ceramics. Guests can enjoy a meal at one of the restaurants, Il Borro Tuscan Bistro for more casual dining, or Osteria del Borro, for a more gourmet option.
Within a two minute walk guests can unwind at the SPA, Fitness Centre and infinity pool. In the same area, it is possible to enjoy the all day snack menu and cocktails served at the Vin Cafè. The adventure driven can go horse riding, trekking, mountain biking, tennis, there is a 3 hole golf course, or get to know your inner self with some yoga and relaxation at the wellness retreat. Il Borro produces its own organic olive oil, wine, honey and vegetables. Contact Form
4. Castello del Nero is an authentic Tuscan experience, surrounded by an astonishing 750 acres of private estate, a magnificent XII century castle located in the heart of the Chianti region. Within 30 minutes of reaching Siena, Florence and San Gimignano, you could hardly find a more perfect spot from which to explore Tuscany.
The magnificent historical building is under tutelage of the Italian Fine Art. On the property there is also a small chapel which opens onto a wonderfully kept Italian garden. The hotel has 50 rooms and suites which feature state of the art technology. Restaurant La Torre, 1 Michelin Star highlights all that is best about Italian and Tuscan gastronomy and for all day dining Taverna Lounge provides a selection of dishes from the local, typical Tuscan tradition.
Cooking classes are personally designed at Castello Del Nero by Executive Chef Giovanni Luca Di Pirro and hosted by him or his assistant, and ESPA Spa is the perfect place to escape for complete relaxation. In addition there is a fully equipped gym that overlooks a panoramic view of the hills, two outdoor tennis courts, group Yoga classes and beautiful outdoor pool. Perfectly located for Private Day trips to explore Tuscany!
Complete the Contact Form to enquire.
5. Belmond Castello Di Casole is like a Tuscan dream immersed in the sights, sounds and scents of Italy’s bucolic heart. A country estate embracing 4,200 lush acres where you will be able to slow down and reconnect with the pleasures of nature. Only a short drive away from the marvels of Siena, San Gimignano and the Renaissance masterpieces in Florence, yet far enough to pause for a break, sip on a glass of Tuscan red wine and soak up the atmosphere of cypress trees and fresh air among the rolling hills of Tuscany.
Beautifully restored rooms with Etruscan antiques and open fire places, a symbol of home cooking and family togetherness, tone your body and calm your mind with indulging treatments at the vaulted Spa, pilates on the lawn and at the infinity pool with a panoramic view.
Feast on traditional Italian favourites at the various restaurants Tosca for fine dining, stylish loung Bar Visconti and enjoy a taste of Venice in the elegant yet informal trattoria, inspired by the legendary Cip’s Club at Venetian sister hotel – Belmond Hotel Cipriani in Venice. Seek out prized truffles with a trained dog, embark on a wildlife safari or pedal off to explore timeless Tuscan villages.
You will fall in love with this magical Tuscan retreat! Contact Form
6. Villa La Massa is located only 8 km. from the historic centre of Florence. The 16th century estate is surrounded by 9 hectares of gardens and sits on the banks of the Arno river and the road out of Florence towards the Chianti Rufina wine region.
This Medici Villa is owned by the Villa d’Este Hotels, synonymous with elegance and gracious hospitality all over the world. It’s 37 guest rooms are all different from one another; decorated in the Renaissance style with antique furniture, custom-made four poster beds, fine linens and spacious marble bathrooms.
Il Verroccio’s unique terrace on the Arno, with it’s stunning views of the Chianti hills, is the perfect stage for the Chef’s traditional Italian cuisine. Enjoy light lunches served at the pool bar and 19th century frescoes surround you in the Bar Mediceo and the 15th century cellar is an intimate venue for wine tastings, dinners and special events.
The entire Villa La Massa Estate can be rented on an exclusive basis. Enquire by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Belmond Villa San Michele is nestled on a hilltop amid lush trees and terraced gardens, enjoying unparalleled views of Florence. Dating from the 15th century, the villa’s facade is attributed to Michelangelo. Step inside and you experience the ethereal beauty and solitude of a Renaissance monastery that is as much a part of Italy’s culture as the country’s greatest cathedrals and galleries.
Dining at the Loggia Terrace will be one of the most romantic experiences of your entire trip. From the surviving fresco of the Last Supper to the terraced gardens, a cooking school with a reputation for excellence, this hotel is a feast for your eyes. On the grassy plateau above the gardens you’ll find the 25m-long heated swimming pool, with magnificent views over Florence, or treat yourself to a massage in the open-air gazebo. Hop on the courtesy shuttle and within minutes you will be in one of the greatest cities in the world.
Nestled in the Fiesole hills, this former medieval monastery perfectly captures the romance of Florence and Tuscany!
8. Hotel Principe Forte Dei Marmi is located in the most renowned seaside resort in Tuscany. Forte Dei Marmi is an enchanting seaside town attracting tourists from all around the world for it’s glamorous lifestyle, the Mediterranean Sea and the dominating nearby Apuan Alps.
The hotel opened it’s doors in July 2010 and immediately established itself as one of the most exclusive boutique hotels in Versilia, with a professional team including General Manager, Cristina Vascellari, who believes strongly in excellence and a world of elegance!
A modern building of contemporary style and decked with the most sophisticated interiors, the hotel gives an immediate sensation of space, infused with natural light. 28 rooms of which 15 are suites, divided over three floors. The design bedrooms present glass-fronted bathrooms and the materials used in the common areas and bedrooms are wood, natural stone, neutral textiles, leather and above all glass to create a transparency effect.
Egoista Spa is where you can discover a new extraordinary wellness experience. At Principe Restaurant you can taste the best Tuscan and Italian traditional cuisine, the Pool Bar is open during the summer months only and there is a unique one star Michelin restaurant Lux Lucis Restaurant and 67 Sky Lounge Bar are resident in a magnificent open space through the large glass windows and charming terrace, which overlooks the most beautiful views of Versilia. Open from May to October – Dalmazia Beach Restaurant will be completely renovated by 12019.
The hotel offers refined atmosphere or elegance and comfort, “glam & Chic” services making this a holiday full of unforgettable experiences!
9. Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco is one of the oldest and best-preserved estates in Tuscany. Located in Montalcino, in the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Val d’Orcia, in the Brunello di Montalcino wine-making region. The Italian resort is a celebration of the natural beauty and rich gastronomic heritage of Tuscany. The 800-year-old estate comprises the ancient castle ruins, a medieval church and the Borgo, a historic village that now forms the heart of the resort.
The property offers 23 magical suites and 11 luxury villas, as well as a spa, winery and vineyards. The Club, a private golf course and clubhouse set within the estate, is reserved for members only. Experience the on-site Brunello di Montalcino winery, La Canonica Cooking School with an organic kitchen garden, Fitness Centre, Tennis Courts, the property offers yoga, pilates, hiking, circuit training and mountain biking. Intimately located within the estate’s former wine cellars, you can now experience The Spa at Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco. There is a sauna, steam bath, relaxation area and lush private garden that offers rest and rejuvenation for body and soul.
The eleven luxury Tuscan villas from the 17th and 18th century have been beautifully restored as farmhouses that feature private heated pools, terraces, pergolas and gardens, all offering privacy among the natural landscape. To stay at this Tuscan retreat is to experience one of the finest in Tuscany.
We recommend you experience one of the exclusive Villa’s on the estate. Contact Form
10. Four Seasons Hotel Firenze is set in the heart of Florence, the capital of Italy’s Tuscany region and home to many of the worlds best Renaissance art and architecture, acclaimed museums and remarkable monuments.
The Hotel’s expansive private garden, with its charming statues, fountains and small Ionic temple, was planted in the 15th century and retains all of its ancient beauty. Set in the gardens is a modern swimming pool for all-day relaxation. Multiple dining choices at the Al Fresco and Pool Tree Bar during the warmer months, intimate dining at La Magnolia reserved for guests of La Villa, take your pick from the cellar at Il Palagio and enjoy a glass on the terrace before dining and sip on iconic cocktails at the Atrium Bar.
To visit the Spa is a journey of pampering and well-being. Discreetly situated behind the main building among the ancient trees in Giardino della Gerardesca, the ultimate personalised spa experience can be arranged just for you.
Four Seasons Hotel Florence is the city’s best, one of the most beautiful hotel’s in Tuscany, and Italy! Contact Form
11. Hotel Il Pellicano sparkles with timeless glamour, evoking the air of La Dolce Vita. Located among the peace and tranquility of Italy’s Argentario Coast, magical views, romantic history and soulful staff come together in an atmosphere of understated luxury to make you feel like at home.
The hotel offers an exclusive selection of suites and rooms located in either the villas or the main building. From spectacular sea views over the Tuscan archipelago, to the tranquility of lush gardens through to sophisticated interiors, this hotel will enchant you.
Treat yourself to a stylish gastronomic experience with an unbeatable view at both our restaurants: the Michelin starred Il Pellicano and the Pelligrill seasonal restaurant. Refresh body and soul at the exclusive Pelliclub Health and Beauty Center. Expert staff are on hand to welcome you warmly to this calm refuge. Sand-coloured furnishings and fragrances made exclusively for the hotel blend to create a peaceful atmosphere.
A Tuscan oasis by the seaside between Rome and Pisa, the preferred getaway of the icons of the golden age of cinema!
12. Villa Cora is located inside a magnificent park overlooking the Boboli Gardens, high on the hill yet within close proximity to the historical centre of Florence. An aristocratic residence built at the end of the XIX century, the interiors will literally take your breath away upon entry. Immaculately restored to the highest levels of luxury, the common areas on the ground floor of the main building will lead you to believe you are in a real life fantasy.
Outstanding services with warm attentive staff across all areas of the property from the Villa to the large outdoor swimming pool, located in the Italian park in the shadow of majestic oak trees. ‘The cuisine identifies the true luxury with manic selection of excellent raw materials to bring to light the authentic flavors of Italian tradition.’ – Villa Cora.
The fantastic Spa “Bené” is equipped with a small gym, tepidarium, sauna, hammam and three rooms. The wellness center offers Asian and European relaxing massages as well as beauty treatments in collaboration with Sarah Chapman, the most appreciated and affirmed facialist in London.
To wrap it all up..
Offering an exclusive and innovative way to travel throughout Italy, you can expect special access, preferential treatment and VIP amenities at the best luxury hotels in Italy. We will organise your accommodation with benefits and everything in-between from a single Private Tour to building your complete travel itinerary with an extra sprinkle of surprise! – Melissa Martin – Founder/Owner