Exquisite 16th Century Palazzo on the Grand Canal
Calle Tiepolo Baiamonte 30125 Venezia Italy
IAT Special offers
Our guests will enjoy a beautiful premium bottle of Prosecco in your room on arrival
Early check-in will be provided based on availability
Overview & highlights
The palazzo in which Aman is housed, Palazzo Papadopoli, was built in the 16th century by the architect Gian Giacomo dé Grigi, as commissioned by the Coccina family of Bergamo. At the beginning of the 19th century, the property was bought by two brothers, Nicolò and Angelo Papadopoli Aldobrandini. They entrusted the internal decoration of the piano nobile – the main living area of the palazzo, to Michelangelo Guggenheim, a leading exponent of the Neo-Renaissance and Rococo styles. He reinvented the space, turning the palazzo into one of the most significant examples of these styles in Venice. The brothers also bought two adjacent buildings which they razed in order to build two gardens creating a relaxing oasis – very unusual features in Venice.
Arrive at the property by boat, docking at a landing that leads directly into the palazzo’s Reception Hall. With its soaring ceilings and historic frescos and reliefs, the hall provides a sense of bygone luxury, as well as direct access to the resort’s private gardens and a small Boutique specialising in Venetian glassware.
A sweeping staircase rises through two levels to arrive at the reception area for the Dining Room, which overlooks the Grand Canal and serves Italian and Asian cuisines. The main dining area is housed in the ballroom – a gilded room decorated with mirrors, frescos and the original chandeliers. The Yellow Dining Room and the Red Dining Room lie adjacent to the ballroom, with views over the Grand Canal and the resort’s Garden Terrace respectively. Accessed from the ballroom is the Bar which provides a cozy setting with canal views.
The palazzo is lined with original frescos, priceless artworks and an atmosphere of historical and contemporary pure luxury that is set amidst its 24 suites. The Aman Canal Grande Venice experience is one of pure elevated luxury.
Overlooking the Grand Canal from San Polo, one of the oldest districts in the centre of Venice, Aman is situated within walking distance of the Rialto Bridge, the Church of San Giacomo di Rialto (according to legend the oldest in the city) and the Campo San Polo, amongst many other sites.
How to arrive
- One way boat transfer (approx.25 mins/12km) between Marco Polo International Airport and Aman Canal Grande Venice is chargeable at Euro 275 net per water taxi (4 seats).
- One way private boat transfers (approx. 15 mins) between the Piazzale Roma/Santa Lucia Train Station and Aman Canal Grande Venice is chargeable at Euro 185 net per boat transfer (4 seats).
- Between 8.00 pm and 8.00 am a surcharge of 20% will apply on the above rates. Transfer rates are subject to change without notice.
Rooms & Suites
Almost all of the resort’s suites offer beautiful views over the Grand Canal. Aman offers a total of 24 suites with the majority being of unique layout and design. Many feature protected frescos and reliefs that reflect past periods of art and architecture. Furniture and furnishings throughout the rooms are contemporary yet of a simple aesthetic. Most suites provide combined living areas and bedrooms, as well as linked dressing areas and bathrooms. There are a total of four suite categories, differentiated by design, floor area and view.
The Palazzo Bedrooms offer views of the Private Garden
The Palazzo Chambers offer either beautiful views of the Grand Canal or of the Private Garden
The Palazzo Stanza features spectacular views of the Grand Canal and many have wonderful architectural details. The majority are located between the second and fifth levels of the palazzo
There are five, all with unique architectural features
This historic room features high, frescoed ceilings, silk wall coverings and a chandelier in the bathroom. The tall windows offer wonderful views over the Garden Terrace and the Grand Canal.
The high ceilings of this stanza are frescoed in both the bedroom and the bathroom. Views are of the Garden Terrace and the Grand Canal
This stanza was originally called ‘The Hall of the Four Doors’. Noteworthy architectural details include wood paneling, a painted frieze around the walls and a carved ceiling. It also has the most historical fireplace in the palazzo, designed by Jacopo d’Antonio Sansovino, one of Venice’s most famous architects in the early 16th century
Alcova Tiepolo Suite
The Alcova Tiepolo Suite offers a Chinese painted sitting room and a bedroom ceiling by Giovanni Battista Tiepolo. Tiepolo has been described as the “greatest decorative painter of 18th-century Europe, as well as its most able craftsman”
Canal Grande Suite
Located above the front door of the palazzo, this suite directly fronts the Grand Canal offering exceptional views. It features a lovely sitting room with an arched window through which the full spectrum of the canal’s maritime activities can be viewed. It can become a two-bedroom suite when necessary.
- All rooms offer a king-sized bed, an armoire with personal bar, a writing desk and either a sofa or twin lounge chairs
- TV broadcasting local & international channels, movie & documentaries on demand
- Docking station is also included in the suite – Bang & Olufsen
- Bottled water provided in the rooms and replenished daily
- International adaptors in the rooms
- Bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer
- Laundry services
- Personal Mini-Bar with beverages and snacks
- Private in room dining – From 7:00 am till 11:00 pm
- Safety deposit box
- Luxurious bathroom amenities
- Telephone dial from your suite
- There are a total of four suite categories, differentiated by design, floor area and view.
Dine & Drink
Naoki in the Canal Garden
Japanese cuisine, Chef Naoki Okumura blends the best of Kyoto’s local flavours and delicacies into his unique style of French cuisine – kaiseki, the best French techniques with a Japanese sense of artistry.
The Dining Room
Overlooking the Grand Canal serving Venetian and Thai cuisine. The main dining rooms are on the piano nobile, the grandest floor of the Palazzo. The ballroom is gilded and decorated with mirrors, frescos and the original chandeliers. The Yellow Dining Room and the Red Dining Room are adjacent to the Ballroom with views over the Grand Canal and the resort’s Garden Terrace. An intimate setting within grand surrounds. The Thai menu is available at dinner. Afternoon tea is available.
Providing a grand setting under a frescoed ceiling, a delicate chandelier and marble cherubs on the fireplace with canal views. Afternoon tea is available.
Rates & Policies
Please email to enquire about rates or complete the enquiry form at the bottom of the page.
Rates will be quoted in Euro.
Rates are based on room only basis, per room per night.
- Room rates quoted are subject to 10% VAT and City Tax
1 February to 30 November – € 5.00 per person per day and € 2.50 per child per day for children between 10-16 years old.
1 December to 31 January – € 3.50 per person per day and € 1.75 per child per day for up to 5 days for children between 10-16 years old.
- A minimum of 3 nights is required for stays between 28 August – 7 September, 20 December – 10 January, 15 February – 4 March, and 16 – 23 April.
- Rates, government and local taxes are subject to change without notice.
Leisure amongst the Palazzo
- LIBRARY – historic, adjacent to the salon, a perfect retreat with historical books, magazines and newspapers.
- SPA – open from 10:00 am to 09:00 pm, discreetly located on the third level of the new wing. Beautiful treatment rooms each with dressing area and bathroom.
- GYM – open from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm. On the fourth level of the Palazzo.
- SALON – a regal, lofty-ceilinged lounge and relaxation area featuring a grand piano and views of the Grand Canal.
- ROOF TERRACE – the terrace is the ideal location to view the rooftops of the city. On a clear day, the Alps are visible in the distance.
- GARDEN TERRACE – fronting the Grand Canal, one of very few private gardens on the canal. Mature trees and a quadrangle of verdant green grass provide the ideal setting for a relaxing hour or two, or an al fresco meal in the warmer months.
- Luxury Concierge services – excursions & activities
- Currency exchange and cash advance available
- ATMs and banks are nearby
- Wake up calls
- Complimentary Wi-fi
- Check-in time: From 2 pm
- Check-out time: Until 12 noon
- Credit Cards Accepted: Amex, Visa and Mastercard for prepayment. Once booked a credit card form must be signed and returned.
- Credit card details are required to guarantee the reservation.
- Pre-payment in full is required 14 days prior to guests’ arrival.
- In the event of cancellation within 14 days of arrival, 50% of the total value of the stay plus taxes would be retained.
- In the event of same day cancellation, early departure or no-show, the entire stay plus tax will be applied.
Bookings made by request only, please complete the enquiry form so that we can best serve you or email us at email@example.com